Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I shoot them walking in from duck hunts but I have never exclusively hunted them. You could though in some of the areas I hunt you just better be sure your shooting a rail.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey CC I hunted with capt Cris Martin for about six years in a row i've heard alot of rail's and saw some king rails but every time i was there they were out of season, do you know if you have more than just king rails there ?? How far are you from Seadrift?

·
Registered
637 Posts
duckhunt said:
Hey CC I hunted with capt Cris Martin for about six years in a row i've heard alot of rail's and saw some king rails but every time i was there they were out of season, do you know if you have more than just king rails there ?? How far are you from Seadrift?
We have king, clapper, virginia, and the little yellow rail on the coast. I've never shot one, but banded some when I was in college working on a bird banding crew.

I ain't far from you, Port Lavaca.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have only shot Sora and Clapper rail they are mysterious birds decent eating though.

Well if you aint far then hit me up next season and well bust em. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.