Duck Hunting Forum banner

Rally Call

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  pj 
#1 ·
So who's all on here? I'm new to the site and just wondering if there's some familiar names here. :welcome:

#2 ·
What's up Jones? I'm pretty sure you already have beat me in posts on this site and I've been registered for a couple of years.

Don't find too many names that I recognize here and mostly check in with the reloading guys.

Are you still planning on moving? I thought you had said on another forum that you were getting ready to move?

Later,
Kyle

#3 ·
No, I'll be in ND for awhile. I just said that I could see myself moving in the future.

Not a whole lot else is new. I've been mounting a few birds and I'm trying to figure a way out to Minot for the Delta banquet Friday. Hopefully we can get a caravan going! :drinking:

How about you?

#4 ·
Hi all. I am new here. Hunted geese when I was growing up but didn't get heavy into the ducks until about age 24. I still hunt upland more than anything else, but hunt ducks more than geese now.

ND born and raised. Have lived from Fargo to Watford City and a few spots inbetween.

Have a background in wildlife habitat management and soils. Own two dogs a brittany and a yellow lab.

My biggest passion next to hunting is waterskiing. 36 mph and 22 off on a HO Vengence or HO Mach 1 depending on lake conditions.

#5 ·
h2oski- You sound like a typical ND'er that enjoys his outdoors whatever the time of year is. Where do you currently reside?

Jones, I can't imagine a road trip with your crew :crazy: . Hope you guys have a good time.

I'll be spending the weekend on DL, first ice fishing for me this winter and probably the last as well. SOB's will be here within a month.

#7 ·
h2oski- You sound like a typical ND'er that enjoys his outdoors whatever the time of year is. Where do you currently reside?
Work in Devils Lake.

You say "typical", my wife would say "obsessed". :yes:

HH: fishing has tapered off a little. 3-7pm seems best for the walleyes right now. I haven't been on the ice since this last blanket of snow so make sure you are buddying up with 4x4's and have a tow strap. Lots of guys using snomobiles now to get to places to fish. Good luck fishing

#10 ·
I can't confirm it, but from what I understand they are catching pike pretty much everywhere. The guys have been calling "perch patrol guide service" Northern Patrol Guide Service because they are running guys up into Pelican and other spots and just chasing northerns all day long.

I am pretty sure any ice fishing on DL would include hooking a pike at some point in time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.