Duck Hunting Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3252 Posts

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
WELL FINE THEN!!!

*forcefully grabs his sex on the beach and huffily saunters onto the dance floor…* :help:

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
RIP Stella…

Legend…

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
These sound like civilized problems lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks guys. I wanted to have a plaque or something made and the guy at the trophy place suggested the wood. I also didn't know they could engrave off a picture. It turned out better than I imagined.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
I'm a sucker for double ring wood. (Ask my wife how many thin pieces I cut off fire wood that go bad). And the engraving is great!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
That does look awesome and now I need to keep track of coppers retrieves for something like this one day, great way to immortalize the pup

·
Registered
7,691 Posts

I think this kid is gonna need her own 10/22 and maybe an actual 22 scope and not some cheap center fire one that was laying around.

Honestly we haven't even talked about breathing, etc.

But I'm scared to say crap at this pint cause clearly whatever she's doing is working.

That's 55-60 rounds at 50 yards.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
razorrt5 said:
That's solid marksmanship

There was discussion with some shooting buds she might be pushing the trigger.

So Sunday we talked about being even and smooth.

So considering that is like 50 rounds and the black dots are covering where she hit while holding on the upper right orange....

We are gonna be adjusting the scope up a few clicks.

I had started dialing that setup in last year and never finished. She's probably 250-300 rounds in now and they are all low and left.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
My Army shooting instructor experience tells me she's actually pulling (her finger is too far on the trigger, likely she's resting the crease of her finger on the trigger then the tip of her finger) and she's pulling the trigger as she's exhaling

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Heck I'll check that. Buddy was basing it off pistols. Haven't watched her finger much and honestly we have not even touched on breathing. Scared to mess her up at this point!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I mean at 100 yards that's a dead deer and I'm guessing 100 yard shot is rare up by you… so she'll be fine, with that said it's probably easier to correct the mistakes early on then let her form bad habits

·
Registered
313 Posts
20210812_081632_resized.jpg
With all the house projects this year I have barely had any time to fish. Decided to take an impromptu day off work and head down to one of my favorite small streams to chase a few browns. I had a day that will be hard to top and I may never come close to again. In the first 2 hours I made it only 400 yards from my car and caught 35 fish. In the next few hours I lost count when I got over 50. Just one of those perfect mornings when there was a bunch of hoppers falling in the water and alot of active trout. The biggest fish of the day was close to 16 inches and I broke a hook on one that was probably bigger. Definitely a day I won't soon forget.

Attachments

3201 - 3220 of 3252 Posts