Duck Hunting Forum banner
3221 - 3240 of 3252 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Got a bird that I shot last December. Wife's not pleased where I put it. I told her it will blow her a kiss every morning she comes down the stairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I told the wife that the space above the stairway to the basement would be perfect for an elk mount.

She seemed less enthusiastic about that idea than I hoped. Have to work on that

·
Registered
889 Posts
My advice is put it up before she comes home. The real trick is hiding it until you have free time to hang it.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
My advise, is to talk about putting up something she would like even less… and be adamant… then settle… let her win. And then, put up the elk. She can't win every argument… right? :yes:

And you win Goldie… I'll take some elk burger for the trouble… :wink:

:beer:

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Well this has to be the biggest brag I’ll ever post… Alia told me today “we’ll I’m supposed to do gymnastics tonight but I’d like to go goose hunting instead” it was great to hear she values that time so we dod and she was still in the hunt for her first bagged bird….. well holy cow was it delivered! A Single just sucked into the kill hole, gave her a good clean shot and she executed…. We got up to it and I did a double take…. Effing banded! Unreal….. on another great note copper also got his first goose retrieve (another goose we got)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Whoop whoop. Tell the girl congrats. How old is the bird and one way miles traveled?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
We submitted the band data, must have been banded this year cause the data from banding hasn’t been submitted yet, it’s a big bird so not a yearling but when we get the data I’m thinking it’s from Thunder Bay, ON as we get a lot of birds through all of September from Thunder Bay to lake nipigon and north

…. Or it was banded 3 miles away lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
That’s sweet! She will be hooked for life!

3221 - 3240 of 3252 Posts