Duck Hunting Forum banner
3241 - 3252 of 3252 Posts

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
That’s awesome. Is Dad going to have her first goose mounted?

I talked to a taxidermist about it he said it’s my choice but as early as it is I might be paying a lot of money for something I’m not going to be happy with….. so I think what we’ll do is get some custom picture frame we can put that picture in and somehow incorporate the band with it. Then I’ll let her pick a bird out later in the season she can get mounted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Maybe an idea, my dad has a plaque from his dad from back when geese weren't as prevalent. It's a shellaced piece of wood, with the band and the band report stuck to it. You could do that with the picture of her with it.

I've always thought that plaque was cool.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Maybe an idea, my dad has a plaque from his dad from back when geese weren't as prevalent. It's a shellaced piece of wood, with the band and the band report stuck to it. You could do that with the picture of her with it.

I've always thought that plaque was cool.
Oh I like that, have the band, a picture and the certificate…. I’ll have to wait on it though, as apparently the government is slow (who knew) and hasn’t entered the banding data yet

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Very cool, congrats…. If you’re lucky like I was your baby won’t sleep through the night for the first 14 months and you’ll be just short of a mental breakdown lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
Very cool, congrats…. If you’re lucky like I was your baby won’t sleep through the night for the first 14 months and you’ll be just short of a mental breakdown lol

Every kid is different to so just because you got one that sleeps doesn’t guarantee the other will. You also can’t go off the first few weeks as sleep habits of babies change all the time. Oh babies they are FUN, got my baby ending surgery scheduled November 1st. Two is enough for me lol. Greatest thing to happen to me is my two boys but I just can’t take another baby.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Every kid is different to so just because you got one that sleeps doesn’t guarantee the other will. You also can’t go off the first few weeks as sleep habits of babies change all the time. Oh babies they are FUN, got my baby ending surgery scheduled November 1st. Two is enough for me lol. Greatest thing to happen to me is my two boys but I just can’t take another baby.

Oh no…. Our second didn’t sleep the first 14 months either lol it’s the sole reason my wife won’t entertain a 3rd

·
Registered
708 Posts

I agree. Mine are teenagers now which is a another set of problems. My SIL works part time for my wife so her 3yr old twin boys and their 12wk old girl are here most week days. The boys have been crazy since they were born. The little girl is so quiet sometimes I have to check that she is even here.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Well got the band certificate today, it was banded July in Thunder Bay… nice to see it wasn’t from down the street, interesting to know birds come across the lake so early

3241 - 3252 of 3252 Posts