Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Season re-opened today and we didn't waste any time. We were hunting a harvested cornfield and the birds did NOT stop coming, it was like one of sean stahl's or jeff foiles videos, incredible. We got to the field at 10 after 4pm or so, a touch late, by the time we set up they were starting to fly, but the birds worked extremely well into the new GHG full bodies and shells, all we used was 6 active full bodies and 12 oversize shells. Also, 2 goose magnets. Just as we downed some birds, another flock would be on their way in right behind. We made the mistake of not picking up our downed birds right away (we got too excited with the wave on wave action) and so the birds working in would flare and land in another part of the field. TWICE we had easily a couple hundred near us in the field, both times they left on their own accord and didn't see or hear shooting, so we should be able to use the field again.

all was said and done by 6, dekes picked up and birds carried away out of the field by 6:45

I forgot to bring the camera in the field with me but i snapped these at home.

17 birds - ALOT! believe it or not we were 7 birds shy of our 3 man limit, but it was enough for us. (we could of easily limited out but we were only take feet down shots, and like i said some flocks didnt work in well because of the dead birds in the spread

I'm on the left, the my brothers buddy max, and then my brother

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great stuff!
Me and a couple of my friends also got 17 the first day we were hunting a bean field near Calidonia the birds were decoying great of Friday, Sat not so good most avoided the field flying over the road instead. We still managed 9 on Sat. My friends got some pics of the birds stacked in his garage i'll post them when I get them. :lol: Were going to be getting it all made in to pepperettes. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts