Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you consider yourself a rebel or yankee?
Rebel2765.85%
Yankee1434.15%

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey all,

i just took a funny test that supposedly determines wether you are a yankee or rebel. it got me thinking about the different criteria for both. i'll post a link if anyone is interested...

i wonder what people consider themselves on here though. i don't even want to assume so i'll do a poll. if you want, post why you answered the way you did.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll go first...

born in southern alabama, raised in south carolina. enough said!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I'm niether, isn't there any spot for Loyalists? :toofunny:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Can I be a Rebkee? How about a Yankble? I don't know how to answer this question. Born and raised in the Pennsylvanian hardwoods...always had a spot in my heart for the South. Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i did. sorry about not responding yet...i meant to but then got tied up with something and forgot.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I had to pick Yankee, cause my wife is from Chicago, and my mother has relatives in Massachusetts, and my father has relatives in Connecticut. And I live north of the 40th so I must be a Northrener. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Texan, Southerner, Reb... 'Em Color's Don't Run!!! :yes:

If I was KING FOR LIFE:

1. All resturants would be required to sell the House Wine of the South (sweet tea.. brewed not that insta-add-water-bs).

2. Chicken Fried Steak is "deep fried" in a seasoned flour, egg, milk, seasoned flour batter & served with milk (cream, white) gravy.

3. Chocolate gravy would be an option on topin's (gravy, jelly, preserves, suryp (sorgum/cane), molassess, etc.) when a feller orders biscuts with breakfast.

4. It would be illegal for Yankee's to Bar-B-Que.

5. Tex-Mex means just that... & yep 'em pepper's is HOT!!!

6. Fried taters & beans with cornbread is a MEAL!!!

7. All breedin' pairs of Yankees that reside South of the Mason Dixon would have to be "registered". Upon divorce, break-up, abandonment, etc. they'd havta return home.

8. If you can't back a trailer you can not own, drive, rent, borrow, etc. an SUV or Pick-Up truck.

9. Ma'maw, Granny, Big Momma (whatever ya'll wanna call her)... she knows best.

10. There are no real cowboys East of I-45.

:hammering: :toofunny: :laughing: :toofunny: :tounge: :toofunny: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The true wild west was won before there were cowboys. The buck skinners and mountian men did it and they were from the north. :thumbsup: :hammering:

·
Registered
883 Posts
HMMMMMM.......my state was neutral. Born and raised in SW MO, bushwacker territory. Moved to Los Angelas 10 years military, moved back home for 6 years, moved to Long Island for a year (wifes job) and now have been back home for a year. Definately have feelings and lifestyle of a "southerner", but I gotta tell ya, I met some real backwoods "********" out on Long Island. Some have lived out on Long Island there whole lives and have NEVER been to the city!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Them is fighting words Cephus. (some anyway)

"4. It would be illegal for Yankee's to Bar-B-Que."

You might have the upper hand on this...but we can hold our own. Thank you very much.

"7. All breedin' pairs of Yankees that reside South of the Mason Dixon would have to be "registered". Upon divorce, break-up, abandonment, etc. they'd havta return home. "

We help keep you guys from inbreeding, so that, right there is a bad idea on your part. (I am gonna get yelled at for that one.) :mrgreen: (I made myself laugh...so I will keep it in my reply)

frazier said; "rebels are winning 100% yes."

Well...the rebels haven't won anything else...so I will give you that one.
(Getting ready to never be allowed down south again)

Now before anybody gets all bent...I am kidding. Let me explain a few things. (stop rolling your eyes)

When I went into the Navy I was just a small town country boy from Pennsylvania. It seemed to me at the time you had the big city boys and the country boys. Well guess who I identified with the most? And most of those country boys came from the south. These guys became my brothers. We all did the same thing. We all grew up the same way. (But I know they had better cornbread) Cornbread by the way, is another way of God showing us how much he loves us.

One time we got into the Yankee and Rebel debate, just kidding around and all that. I said I guess I am a Yankee because I lived in the north. Two of my buddys (from S.C. and GA) said. "You ain't no Yankee...you are just a stupid country white boy from PA. That makes you kin." So this is why I can't vote in this poll. Because people from the south will call me a Yankee by birth...and big city people will call me a ******* by lifestyle.
So I guess I am neither. Anybody else from the north want to help me out on this?

Right now Shrpshtr is shaking his head saying "Leave it to Snafu to over think something so simple." "Stupid Yankee." See you in a few days dude!
:laughing:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yank, I guess. I don't think I could stand to be a rebel....no such thing as a real winter down there.

What about an option for: "I do not claim affiliation to outdated civil war references" ha ha, no harm meant. But I do agree with snafu. the city folk think I'm pretty ******* too.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.