Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...new here...first night postin....

Long story short...at 10 years old right eye was put out. Taught myself to shoot left handed. Now looking for a 12 gauge semi auto 2 3/4-3 1/2". I am a college student--so the impossible comes out...I need it to be affordable.

If anyone knows of one for sale...PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Jeff given

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hey Jeff, Tom from so cal. Pump - go with a Browning BPS - bottom ejection they run about $575.00. Been looking for a 3-1/2, mossberg 935 $500 bucks. Haven't seen it but a buddy swears by it. I'm probably going to go with a Binelli, don't want my shoulder torn off when I'm older Later Tom

·
Registered
48 Posts
So am I. Had to learn to shoot left hand.Tried all kinds of drop & bent stocks..no good.I have a SBE l/h,1000 L/h & an 870 L/h.It depends on your $$. I am to the point where it's the SBE only.It comes up & points proper.It's all about gun fit. The SBE casts l/h.I kill ducks...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Remington 1187 LH. Learn how to change the o ring and repalce the extractor in the field-----which is a snap and you can put around 10,000 - 11,000 rounds through one. I have seen it done. You also support American Moms and Dads working for a company owned by Americans.

Our country is really in serious trouble. When you can, buy American.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am 16 years old and left handed also. I started shooting around age of 10 on a right hand 1100 twenty guage and didn't have any problems w/ it. I would see if you can shoot a 870 in right hand or 1187 in right hand. The price is right, and the shells never bother me when ejecting them. Actually, we borrowed a LH version of my 870 to see if I wanted to get one, and after shooting a box through it, I was convinced I liked the rh version better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with one caveat------wear safety glasses, you never know when a poorly made shotgun shell will send a mist of partially burnt powder in your eyes---------it feels like soap in the eyes x 1000 when it happens. Also, keep your right hand clear of the ejection port as a spent shell in the palm fresh out of the action in 20F weather is brutal. All this has happened to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also lost my right eye & learned to shoot left handed..3 things about a lh gun..the safety is setup lh ( every time i use a rh gun i have to think about the backwards safety)..it spits left..nothing across your face..most lh guns are cast lh..it fits ..you shoot better. all lh..i have an 870,1100 & an sbe. the remingtons are cast neutral..the sbe cast lh..i shoot the sbe the best..it depends on your $$$..they all work. in a rifle..tika

·
Registered
183 Posts
I also shoot left handed. I have owned every left handed gun made including the Browning BPS, 870 LH, 1100 LH, Benelli Nova, and finally the super black eagle LH. As you can imagine I only shoot the Super Black Eagle. Its by far the best gun made for any shooter including the left handed shooter. Forget about the price. I bought mine with a half of a summers worth of wages when I was 16. It has never given me one problem as long as it is fairly clean. I dont regret it at all, and I expect to shoot it for twenty years plus. Go BIG Or Go Home

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.