Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to plan a trip to Arkansas to do a little duck hunting with my son. He is a fireman, so scheduling would be fairly easy as he works 2 on/4 off. Most guides pricing is about the same but would prefer recommendations based upon your experiences. I am currently thinking the Stuttgart area. Thank you!

· Registered
1 Posts
Can't recomend any guide service, I have used Cupped Wngs, from McCory, AR used them for the last 2 years and didn't get a shot, Duck hunting in Arkansas is becoming a rich mans sport, the pubic wildlife manament areas ar getting way over crowded, the big one in North East Arkansas, the line to launch your boat have been starting at 2am for a 4am start to enter. with over 100 boats at that access area. the real problem this year is a lack of ducks. don't know what to tell you, I have lived in Arkansas for 23 years, moved here to hunt ducks, there are just no ducks anywhere.

· Administrator
10,139 Posts
I would be down for it but whenever I talk to Cason they are booked up.

· Bird Whisperer
20,992 Posts
If Byers is all booked, how about a DHC hunt with Mr Rick Hall?
Probably be my best opportunity to be bitten by a chessie.
The marsh we lease went up for sale last fall (1,300 acres for $4mill, if one of you fat cats is looking), camp owner passed away last month and the camp's future is on the doubtful side of uncertain. Damn Chessie won't even bite.

· Administrator
43,818 Posts
The marsh we lease went up for sale last fall (1,300 acres for $4mill, if one of you fat cats is looking), camp owner passed away last month and the camp's future is on the doubtful side of uncertain. Damn Chessie won't even bite.
Shame to hear about Doug. One of the many things I hate about getting older. Knew you felt the camp was at risk last year and I spent my 4 mil on every color of 7 1/2 inch rubber worms they make plus some shotgun shells and decoys.

Plans to freelance for other outfits?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts