Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I use mostly Precision Reloading Super Sonic shotcups. I buy all my shot and Powder at Gene Sears in El Reno, Ok. Precision Reloading has the best deal on shot and shipping. 800-223-0900. Buy your Primers and powder locally so you don't have to pay Hazmat fees.
Also RSI shotcups are great. You can get their manual and shotcups from Bucks Run 800-274-0403. They also have steel shot. Ned S who buys his primers from Crows in Brooklyn, Ia when he's up there.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Snowbird,

There is a guy up in Ogden that bought several tons of steel and wads from RSI (Bucksrunsports.com). He has also got the reloading data for RSI that he will give you free if you buy some steel from him. He sells steel for $15 for 10 lbs if you buy at least 5 bags. You're looking at about $20/bag with shippping at any of the mail order places. He advertises on KSL classifieds, but I couldn't find his information. I've got an invoice from him at home. I'll try to get that information and PM you later today or tomorrow. You'll save a bunch of money buying through him and I think RSI has the best reloading data for 1700+ ft/s recipes. BallisticProducts.com has got some good reloading data, but you they are a little more expensive as they require extra components on some recipes and they don't slit thier CSD wads which is a pain. Other than RSI, the most economical data is a book called Lightning Steel and the B&P wads that you get through precisionreloading.com. They are cheapest loads you can do, don't require spacers, and use hulls you can get almost anywhere, but they only go up to about 1675 ft/s on thier recipes.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
The Lightning Steel Recipes are the only recipe book where the loads were patterned before publication. They are also only for 2 3/4 hulls including the throw aways at gun clubs and are free. These loads pattern very well in my 935 using the IC and Mod chokes. The RSI shotcups will not work in 2 3/4 hulls in my 935 as I get less velocity because of blow by. I haven't tried the RSI 3" or 3 1/2" shot cups yet but will chrony them this summer. The 2 3/4" loads at 1650 fps and steel 3's go clear thru drake mallards out to 40 yds and steel 4's out to 30 yds. Lightning steel loads are killers. I even have killed lessers at 50 yds with 7/8 oz of steel B's which runs 1724 fps in my 935. I shot a couple of 12 pounders with this load snockering them GYD. Good luck, Ned S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.