Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a remington 11-87 3" model that is about 10 years old and I have never had any problems whatsoever out of it. I also own and primarily shoot a benelli SB2 that I have ran every type of 3-1/2 inch BB shell on the market through it and also no problems. I still shoot the remington at doves and crows, it is cleaned regularly and performs great. I have been doing alot of research on the new 11-87, personally I believe a semi-auto that shoots 3 &1/2" shells for around 800 dollars is a heck of a deal. I highly recommend my remington even after shooting and owning a benelli for over 4 years, they are both phenomenal brands.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been shooting a couple 11-87 3" guns without any issues many years. The 3 1/2" had some issues. But for the life of me I don't know why anyone would be looking at a NEW 11-87, 3 1/2" gun when you can get the new VersaMax for less than 200.00 dollars more in the black Sportsman package.

·
Registered
141 Posts
been shooting the 3' model for about 10 years in every imaginable condition, with every load and size, no problems here. i did snag the did snag the little metal release tab inside the chamber on my glove and break the tip off it when it was minus like 20. I only had a single shot for a couple ducks. But $20 bucks and a good gunsmith and it was back and running smooth again. In my opinion you cant go wrong with this gun. I usually do a little wipe down clean up with some wd-40 when i'm done, take about 5 minutes. but I have gone weeks of daily hunting without cleaning at all and and it just keeps killing everything I point at. If you have to shoot 3.5 inch i'd look elsewhere. But if 3 inch will do ya the 11-87 will do it well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had a 1187 SM Waterfowl for several years and it worked great for me. I bought it used and the gun was filthy but still operated fine. Cleaned it and used it a few years but eventually sold it last year to fund the purchase of a VersaMax. I love my VM but I wish I hadn't sold the 1187. You might wanna look a the VM Sportsman for a few bucks more?... The VM I bought has been great thus far! BTW never had any problems with 3 1/2" shells in my 1187. It ate everything I feed it and this VM has been the same way. I just have my best luck with Big Green so that's what I stick with! :biggrin:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.