Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody still shoot the remington model 1100? I grew up with the remington 1100, although i have many shotguns,,ithaca mag 10,,browning mag 5 and many more,,,but i still go back to my remington 1100,,looks like my guns are colecting dust,lol

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I still have and use mine. Bought it in the early 1980’s. I don’t use it on every hunt as I have other guns I enjoy as well. Never an issue with it until recently, had to replace the magazine follower. Simple fix and back to it’s old self. Such a classic.

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
I still see some guest 1100s through my blind that, like yours, are much beloved by their owners - but also the occasional problematic one. Even have one annual regular who was quite proud of, essentially, building his own out of parts - until it hiccuped on their first op. I might have teased him a bit while passing the oil.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I plan to use mine this fall. Its an older gun, circa 1969, but still works very well. 2 3/4" shells and a fixed imp cyl. I have a case of Boss 2 3/4" #5 bismuth I will use. Last year, I had some stupid close shots and the tighter choke and #4 were to much. I'm even thinking of getting some 2 3/4" 20ga #5 bismuth for my old 870.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My father in law has one, and I think it's going to out last us all. It's brought home alot of meals. Last couple of years it's won money and food at the local turkey shoot. He says he's never done anything but wipe the outside down. It doesn't get the same use as a waterfowl gun but it ain't no safe queen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts