Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a huge hole in my kayak but its perfectly cut out my dad got pissed off at me for something and took his anger out on my brand newly painted and camoed kayak i just put togather "2 day project" he took a hacksaw to the bottom of my kayak and left me with a big hole (see photo) i still got the section that was cut out but i need to fill in the cracks so it dont leak. help!!! i really frosted his balls for him to do that! :eek:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Put the old piece back in and fiberglass it. You can order marine grade epoxy and some 7.5 oz fiberglass cloth from US Composites. www.uscomposites.com. Just get the "thin epoxy resin" and the "medium hardener". It will hold up with no problem. Make sure to epoxy and fiberglass the inside and outside of the Yak. Also put 3-4 coats of epoxy and that should hold it for the rest of your life.

Another piece of advice: Don't piss off the old man like that again. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
767 Posts
If is an ABS hull you can get an ABS repair kit. We put a Mad River canoe that was torn from the gunwale to the keel line back together. If it is a roto molded hull, they make a repair kit for them also. Check with a canoe & kayak shop, they may have the kits in stock or be able order you one. Just follow the instruction to the letter Also Fiberglas will not bind to the plastic on the hull.

·
Registered
767 Posts
jolejnik4bmx said:
actually your wrong there if you scuff the hell out of the hull with sandpaper you can get the fiberglass to stick.
You are right, I stand corrected. I forgot about kevlar skid plates. Years ago I worked for a canoe rental shop, so I got to repair a bunch of different canoes & kayaks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Use the epoxy to fill the cracks. Seriously, if you put the old pieces of the yak back in place and put the epoxy on very liberally, then put 1 to 2 coats of fiberglass on the effected area (inside and outside of hull) it will be repaired until the next time you piss off the old man. I am not trying to lead you down the wrong path here. That part of the boat will probably be stronger than the rest of it. If you have other parts of the boat that are damaged then do the same thing to repair them. You could have your yak fixed in 24 hours and most of that time is going to be spent waiting on the epoxy to dry. Only about 1 hour of that time would be spent doing any actual work.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ya gotta fill us in on why your dad did that? I'd have come unglued if some one did that to my rig, I don't care what the reasons are. You just don't mess with someones duck boat PERIOD! Good luck with the repairs, its a nice lookin kayak.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't care what errybody says or how big my dad is. I would have punched him in the gut! Thats BS.

So what did you do for your dad to cut your boat like that. He couldn't think of anything else as punishment? :huh:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YES it was Because of the ron paul sign and because i was painting my bike in the garage and i got spray paint splatter on his new snow blower. it sucks but my mom was pissed he did it hes an a$$hole.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts