Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about hunting Richland Chambers. I have been told that there is a DU area on the south side of the dam that they flood every year. Is this true. If so, where is it exactly? Has anyone hunted it with luck? Any info would be great!!!!!
Thanks

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thats great...i haven't seen that many in texas this early ever!! Did you have any luck?? What kind were they? Do you need a boat? Did u set a lot of decoys. Dog? Lots of hunters? Sorry I've waited a whole year for someone to reply to my post.

· Registered
368 Posts
I've never hunted out there. Im from the Houston area and had the oppertunity last week to check the place out. You have to go check in at the check station before the hunt and they assign blinds. You cant take boats, and Im pretty sure it has its fair share of public hunters. They averaged somewhere around 3 birds per hunter last year. Due to the deer hunts they are running out there right now, duck hunting begins Nov. 20th there. I saw a lot of woodies, teal, sprigs, and mallards out there. The biologist was telling me they absolutley hammer them opening weekend out there, I can see why. If I lived close, I would definately hit it up nov. 20th.

· Registered
45 Posts
Big Duck season doesn't actually start until after the split on Richland Creek WMA. Don't want any of you to get tickets for hunting out there illegally.

· Registered
163 Posts
I think you should consider the source of the info.

Call the WMA to get the real details.

:withstupid:

· Registered
368 Posts
WattaSwatta said:
The WMA will be drained next week and all hunting has been ceased.
Negative, they pump the water out of the Trinity River, into the wetland where it gets filtered, and then into Richland Chambers Resivour. I expect a lot of limits will come out of that place come dec. 10th.

· Registered
143 Posts
TexasGeese said:
WattaSwatta said:
The WMA will be drained next week and all hunting has been ceased.
Negative, they pump the water out of the Trinity River, into the wetland where it gets filtered, and then into Richland Chambers Resivour. I expect a lot of limits will come out of that place come dec. 10th.
I wouldn't expect too many limits to come out of there. If they regulated how many people were let in, it would be a unbelievable spot. There are just way too many people. Some will get limits, but most will have a tough time of working birds into killing range.

I haven't hunted it much in the past 3 years because of all the people.

4-6 years ago it was fantastic duck hunting. The weekends could still get crowded, but the weekdays weren't too bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.