Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you get the "ring" on a high ball or hail call? i can't make any of my calls "ring" like most callers do. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
well....the "ring" consists of two sounds actually. A high pitch with a secondary frequencey "buzz". I think you are blowing a quackhead if so that call rings ok. Help me with what sound you are getting out of it when you try to ring it. maybe even send me a short file .....I can try to help you out. I learned to ring a call from the Carlsons system of call operation. Great stuff, a little to "duck calling 101" for some but I sure learned a bunch.

Bret

·
Registered
17 Posts
open the back of your throat all the way, when you exhale blow from the diaphram (your belly) like you were trying to fog a window. All the time while your throat needs to be open like you were saying the letter G. Blow so hard that the call squawks then back your pressure of slowly until you can hear the buzz or shatter. Keep your hand open all the way when doing this as you can take the shatter out of the call by closing and opening it. It sounds complicated but the key is just practice,practice,practice. Try straight talk by Buck Gardner his CD is good.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll eventually get those calls on my site. dblnasty, i have tried several times what you listed here and it ain't workin' for me!! LOL.

·
Registered
883 Posts
:withstupid: Buck Gardner calls, try one out. Can't go wrong with them.
:salude:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.