Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bear spray is actually diluted pepper spray. Shows how smart they are.
You have mace which is chemical spray similar to tear gas. Then you have pepper spray which is Cheyenne Pepper. Yes the bear spray comes in a bigger container that has a tad more range. I don’t use either to close to bear for me ……..lead is the best or rubber slug. For him in that crowd first I would never left the safety of numbers at the car lot. I would had stayed at the business instead of going from business to business down the street. Never leave the safety of others in a crowd ……..the wolfs will get you !

·
Registered
25,344 Posts
But let's get real, how many people would advise or tell their 17 year old to attend a riot with an AR?
In this day and age where we treat 27 year olds like children that aren't ready for adult responsibilities. He's just shy of enlisting in the military. He's not 12. A whole lot of 17 year olds served in WWII. If it is necessary to step up to defend, 17 is plenty old to step up and defend.

Hopefully, no parents would advise their kid to attend a riot with or without an AR.

Who do you think is going to step up when the government does not? It's not going to be you or me. It's going to be people we don't think should be doing it. Young people not thinking through the consequences. That's just how it works. It will be the Proud Boys or other groups that are on the fringe that step up first. Not the people we want to do it.

He's not a cop, he's not military, he's a kid that had an AR someone else had to buy for him.
Because the cops and the military were told to stand down by the local government officials. It is precisely why they should be in jail.

In ****ed up situations, the right thing to do is ****ed up. This was ****ed up beyond anything I've ever seen in my life. Thankfully, it was only nearby. When my wife and I went to visit family, I took a gun just to have one just in case. Something I had never done in my life. I drove through Richmond and saw a fair amount of destruction where my wife lived when she was in college. Lots of things boarded up not far from where I live. What is a person to do? This is the complete breakdown of civil society every man for himself $hit her in America.

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
You have mace which is chemical spray similar to tear gas. Then you have pepper spray which is Cheyenne Pepper. Yes the bear spray comes in a bigger container that has a tad more range. I don’t use either to close to bear for me ……..lead is the best or rubber slug. For him in that crowd first I would never left the safety of numbers at the car lot. I would had stayed at the business instead of going from business to business down the street. Never leave the safety of others in a crowd ……..the wolfs will get you !
We agree on that. Definitely a mistake to leave his peeps. Mace is illegal to carry. Commercial pepper spray shoots as far as anything else.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
That how this country was made ! The citizens took up arms and defended her ! In Iraq I had children shooting at me and planting IED in roads.
Going into Day 3 of deliberations the jury will restart again 9AM

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
In this day and age where we treat 27 year olds like children that aren't ready for adult responsibilities. He's just shy of enlisting in the military. He's not 12. A whole lot of 17 year olds served in WWII. If it is necessary to step up to defend, 17 is plenty old to step up and defend.

Hopefully, no parents would advise their kid to attend a riot with or without an AR.

Who do you think is going to step up when the government does not? It's not going to be you or me. It's going to be people we don't think should be doing it. Young people not thinking through the consequences. That's just how it works. It will be the Proud Boys or other groups that are on the fringe that step up first. Not the people we want to do it.

Because the cops and the military were told to stand down by the local government officials. It is precisely why they should be in jail.

In ****ed up situations, the right thing to do is ****ed up. This was ****ed up beyond anything I've ever seen in my life. Thankfully, it was only nearby. When my wife and I went to visit family, I took a gun just to have one just in case. Something I had never done in my life. I drove through Richmond and saw a fair amount of destruction where my wife lived when she was in college. Lots of things boarded up not far from where I live. What is a person to do? This is the complete breakdown of civil society every man for himself $hit her in America.
Yes - young men go to war and are trained to do so. What was Kyle's training? Pop cans on a fence post? :rolleyes:

Yes again - the govt is fugged up. That was never a part of my position otherwise.

Personally - I would have gone concealed even when illegal. I don't think Kyle ever imagined he'd be shooting anyway but rather his scary gun would keep them at bay. That thinking was a mistake.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

I hope those elected officials are voted out of office !

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
That how this country was made ! The citizens took up arms and defended her ! In Iraq I had children shooting at me and planting IED in roads.
Thank you for your service. Under this administration I would not be shocked to see Iraq visit America more often. I don't think Kyle even hunted from what I remember from the trial. Could be wrong. Am sure the aforementioned Patriots did.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you for your service. Under this administration I would not be shocked to see Iraq visit America more often. I don't think Kyle even hunted from what I remember from the trial. Could be wrong. Am sure the aforementioned Patriots did.
He is lacking a father figure in his life, his dad and mom live in 2 different states. A product of divorce like so many good or bad . It sounds like they showed up with no game plan. I support him but I do not like the plan they had of protecting the business. Thank you !

·
11,980 Posts
In all honesty Kyle handled that situation very well. I’d think he had some training they way it played out. I’ve heard military guys at he used the two point sing correctly and probable that he’d been in real trouble if he hadn’t.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
In all honesty Kyle handled that situation very well. I’d think he had some training they way it played out. I’ve heard military guys at he used the two point sing correctly and probable that he’d been in real trouble if he hadn’t.
Yes he was couched well by defense he had a good lawyer. Yes sling retention probably saved his life. I expect a verdict tomorrow. I was hoping the judge would call a mistrial today after the drone footage by prosecutors. They interviewed some of the protesters outside the courthouse. Sad they only knew what the left media was saying. I expect a good outcome Thru for Kyle.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
To those that say he shouldn't have been there in the first place, and that somehow "he provoked the attacks", and thus can't claim self defense...

How is Kyle showing up with an AR-15 "...provoking an assault..." any different than a young woman showing up at the bar in a mini skirt and perhaps slutty makeup provoking gang rape? If she then pulled a gun and killed her rapists... would she be guilty of homicide, or self defense???

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
kyle made some very bad decisions even for a 17 year old as did his mother but what he did was so obviously self defense. Hard to believe that 12 jurors could find him guilty. I can see a couple of dolts going for guilty but not all 12. I think it will be either a not guilty or else a hung jury. But who knows. In any event the judge should have sequestered the jury. They can’t help but know what’s going on in the streets and in the media and that could affect jurors leaning one way or the other. In fact the jury in this highly charged case probably should have been sequestered from day one of the trial.
The jurors know that a not guilty verdict could be dangerous to themselves and their family in this case.

Reactions: Alaska338

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
To those that say he shouldn't have been there in the first place, and that somehow "he provoked the attacks", and thus can't claim self defense...

How is Kyle showing up with an AR-15 "...provoking an assault..." any different than a young woman showing up at the bar in a mini skirt and perhaps slutty makeup provoking gang rape? If she then pulled a gun and killed her rapists... would she be guilty of homicide, or self defense???
I've heard that from the gay prosecutor with the cum-catcher on his face but don't doubt that's been echoed from the media. :rolleyes: The slut or the publicly armed citizen could be considered "provoking" but not to the degree that supports them being assaulted or attacked. Yet both may be doing so for the attention which isn't particularly smart in either case.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts