Duck Hunting Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
25,344 Posts
I use to naively believe that Wisconsin was a cold but normal and boring State to live. I guess it's too close to Chicago.
North of the Cheddar curtain, I think you have several things going on.

Minnesota elected Jesse "The Mind" Ventura to be governor. When it is cold and dark for long period of time, people get weird. As seen in their neighbors to the west.

Then you have Madison. Those ****ed up college towns that ingrain people with crazy ideas that fail miserably in practice. People whose grandparents were not even doing physical labor of any form and don't understand what it takes to work up from nothing nor would ever confront someone physically to protect others. Although, ironically, out of this group comes some of the most violent people in the country. :unsure: They would never join the military after Pearl Harbor, but they will go to war with the local Starbucks or Target. Life in a bubble I guess.

Then there is Milwaukee. I don't believe it is anywhere near as bad as Chicago, but a big city and that just doesn't equate to good government.

But otherwise, there is a whole lot of normal middle of the road Americans that appreciate work, education, law and order, etc. The big problem with America and Wisconsin is that they are the largest plurality, but when the clueless show up because they hate Trump or they believe Obama is the solution to all racial ills and not the divider in chief, they tip the scales to the scary nuts living in their fantasy world of bitter hatred or theoretical fantasy.

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
Looks like you summed it up, thanks. :oops: (y)

To your final point it really is all about hate and victimhood. The haters, the self appointed victims, the outcast (by choice or circumstance) feel they have "power" now. Why it's so easy for them to feel offended for people who otherwise aren't a least bit offended (football teams and native Americans in many cases as one example). There's this weird comfort it seems in being a victim and hating the oppressors who aren't their oppressors at all! :rolleyes: Same reason for purple hair and nose rings - get attention. It's like it never dawns on some people that doing positive things gets positive attention. Maybe that's too hard so negative attention is easier which then only further fuels the hate.

The biggest irony as we all know is the "Co-existence" crap. The "Acceptance" crap. These people would PREFER to hate and be angry rather than accept anyone that isn't hateful and angry.

Crazy chit.

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
That sums it up. And yet the same fake media is apoplectic that Rittenhouse is not hanging from a rope today. We are living in dangerous times.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts