Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a daisy cutter... Why do you say a daisy cutter ivory? Ivory is just one of the acrylic colors. It is a white color kinda clear-white. The daisy cutter is an awesome call if you can blow it. I would not buy it if you are a novice caller. It takes a bit of air, but it sounds awesome. Really ducky. I like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ivory and black acrylic have different tonal qualities from other colors of acrylic- ivory and black are very popular- black beeing more dense- for a tighter sound

but the novice caller won't tell the difference.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Today, i just bought a Daisy Cutter in Bois D` Arc :salude: . So far, i really like it. I wasn't really planning on buying one until I walked into my local sporting goods store and saw that they had all of their "better" duck calls 40% off :eek: DAISY CUTTER FOR $44 NOT BAD NOT BAD

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is news to me I've never heard anything like this before. To be honest I find it a bit hard to believe.

·
Registered
20,866 Posts
Supposedly most contest calls are black or ivory, because they're denser than colored or clear acrylic. Trevor's much more of a student of such things than I, so he'll hopefully weigh in on the question.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I once heard this from a Zink pro staffer when i was looking at a money maker..he handed me an ivory one after i tried one of the clear blue colored ones and had me try it..it did sound alot better and i asked him why and he said ivory had a different sound to it..So never hearing that before i called up Field (he was still zink at time) and asked him. He told me that the was a tiny difference in sound with the black calls but really to little to tell by hearing just by dense of acrylic. So it was prolly just how the call was tuned which is what i thought in first place. I know this isnt a DC but it is the same material which would be what makes the difference

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.