Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright all,

i broke down and did it. i ordered this set from RNT the other day. i am gonna try it out and see if it helps. i don't feel like i can teach myself anymore than i already know. i'll let y'all know how it goes...

has anyone else used this set?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i have a quackhead and am thinking of getting a timbre call. i really, really like the quackhead. do you know if the timbre call series is geared toward timber hunting? the name would make you think that but i don't want to be too presumptuous. i am not a big fan of timber calls... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
450 Posts
i'm gonna get that also , looks good. let me know how you like it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
98ramtough said:
The timber call is just a softer call.
so it's not necessarily a timber call then, no problems using it on open water/rolling high ball for comp calling/etc.? thanks for the info.

had,

i'll let you know how it goes! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
shrp- You won't really get the loud ringing hail out of it. If your looking for comp calls you usually want LOUD calls. RNT MVP RNT Original, or some other single reed. The timer is just like your quackhead but a little softer.

Mike

·
Registered
796 Posts
make sure you blow the timbre first. i thought i would like it, but when i went the a local store here to buy one i absolutely hated it. The call simply didn't work for me. I have the first RNT CD and it is pretty good. If you can already somewhat call ducks, go ahead and get the 2nd one. The first one is really basic, but really good 4 a beginner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
frazier2209 said:
make sure you blow the timbre first. i thought i would like it, but when i went the a local store here to buy one i absolutely hated it. The call simply didn't work for me. I have the first RNT CD and it is pretty good. If you can already somewhat call ducks, go ahead and get the 2nd one. The first one is really basic, but really good 4 a beginner. :thumbsup:
i can somewhat call now. my pockets are deep though so i just went ahead and ordered the whole set. :thumbsup: anyway, it'll be good for the 2 kids i have coming up now and any others i may have in the future.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
like said before the timbre is a soft call. RNT's comp call is the MVP I guess you could use an original, but it has been quite some time since I have witnessed anyone blowing an original in an open event. Go with a MVP for comp or another brand.

Bret

oh ya had to go back and edit.
The Timbre call:
it runs ok for me. For a hunting I like the short barrel best of the RNT line, but you might love it. I know guys that do. I think you should try to blow any high end call before you buy it if you have the oppertunity. Some you will like some you will not even two of the same call can be differant. Where I live for a long time I had to just order one then if I liked it I would keep it if not sell it or trade it. That stinks because you always lose a few bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.