Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my short barrel cocobolo in the mail today! nice call alot easier to blow than my other sean mann acrylic call but not as loud. but it sounds real ducky! now my problem is the season is like 7 monthes away :thumbsdown: o-well lots of practice time!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
There you go practice practice helps me get through the year. Congrats on the new call may it serve you well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:withstupid: good idea, i love practicing its my wife that has issues. she'll like the fishing idea. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
had,

why don't you record a few sequences and post 'em up. i don't think i have heard anyone use a wood call live. i'd be interested to hear how it sounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The SB is a nice call. They feed well and have that low end many of the old hands in Arkansas use--------------very simple, short and infrequent but deadly. I strongly advise you to watch the DU TV episode where Jim Ronquest is guiding champion shooter Holly Dunn and Wade Bourne or the Final Approach Episode where John Stephens and Jim Ronquest are in the timber. Throw away all the hijinks from the calling competition world albeit a good world and listen to those accomplised callers use RNT products in a simple but deadly routine of conversational mallard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
TWO GSPS said:
Does anyone use the acrylic shortbarrel? I am contemplating getting one.
A good call a little louder without the propensity to distort due to temp changes. If you keep a wood call in your pocket or leave it in the vedhicle during the season versus in and out of the heat, it should be fine also.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
just sent my short barrel back to RNT for some tuning and (hopefully not) repairs.

The Coco's are nice, but there would be some fightin' if someone ever tried to get my Bois' D'Arc shortie from me.

i haven't blown an acrylic short barrel and not sure i would want to. IMO the shortie's best attributes are the low end duck sounds it makes. quacks, chuckles, and soft greets to really get those ducks in close seem to be the strong points of that call. i can't imagine using a "loud" shortie.

for an acrylic i would probably get an Original or maybe another brand such as Echo.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't have anywhere within 4hrs of driving where I can test a call from a store :thumbsdown: I guess I'll have to drive to Las Vegas and stop by the new Bass Pro Shop and sample for myself before the season opens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.