Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really Robo's,but you buy a remote control boat take out the motor and duck tape it two the bottom of your decoy. It has worked fine with my mallard flamies so you could gve it a try if you want.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Herters makes a twin turbo decoy that runs on AA batteries. Problem is I often hunt where there is dense submergent weeds.

BTW there is a big difference between a decoy swimming and a decoy flapping for attracting them at long range...

·
Registered
962 Posts
yeah very ture h2o... speaking of that how do those swiming dekes work anywho??? i am not sure how well they would work but i am sure they would be fun to play with :yes: lol might have to make a new thred on these babies
yellow

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
the remote control ones that you can drive around like a little boat? Seems like it would be fun on a slow day...... Here in WA we cant use battery operated devices, I like it better that way though.... Keeps it from being a competition of who has more money....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I'm brand new to this chat board stuff, but have been reading your posts for some time...good stuff. Since you were discussing motion dekes, thought I'd share my recent experience with Herter's singe turbo decoy. Good concept, but you don't get enough motion to offset the hassle of the fragile motor, messing with batteries, hanging up on weeds etc.... Also, the finish on the Herter's deke was flaking badly after a quick 2 hour hunt. I bought it from Cabelas on Monday night and it went back Tuesday night. Use a jerk string for your motion or save your $ for a floating robo. They look like they would be very effective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.