Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share with you guys some pics from the run Sat. Rained on us a little bit from time to time but all in all we had a blast. Started about 9 and finished around 2, nothing but good ol swamp and flooded cypress trees. Say it was the biggest turn out so far for the 4th year running. Totals of what I heard as far as money being raised were as follows:

Flyway Foundation $1661.00
Ducks Unlimited $1461.00
Santee National Wildlife Refuge $1453.00
Delta Waterfowl $1150.00

Total amount raised = $5725.00

Link to the pictures are in the SC forum
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=36229#36229

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah saw some geese from time to time flying over but that was about it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Never heard of a poker run with boats, that's an awesome idea! They're always done on the Harley's around here.
Who's the hottie with the Black Lab? Your wife? If it is, My compliments, and absolutely no disrespect.
Pete

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
You have some good pics and probably some good memories from the run. Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us. :salude:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pete-pec said:
Never heard of a poker run with boats, that's an awesome idea! They're always done on the Harley's around here.
Who's the hottie with the Black Lab? Your wife? If it is, My compliments, and absolutely no disrespect.
Pete
Sure is Pete, that would be Mrs. SCoutdoorswoman if I can ever get her on here :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
If I ever went THIS would probably be me (in 'bout 10 years + a few drinks :yes: )

I can see him w/ a good belt buckle too :cool:

I couldnt helpmyself...... When I see him, I can see myself :getdown:

-Stouff

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He came all the way from Louisiana and goes by stumpgrinder, he can really run that boat in some tight places.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for any confussion boys, its basically where a course is layed out (here it is was through the swamp) you have 5 check in points where you stop and pick a card from the deck, then they write on your paper what you drew and move on. One with the best hand usually wins the big prize which this year was a mudbuddy motor then so on and so on with the other prizes. All in all is a big gathering of hunters and outdoorsman to go out have a good time socialize and raise good money for organizations. Some come just to watch some come to participate but what makes it is good sponsors for prizes but the main group we got just love coming out this is only the 4th running of this one and has grown bigger every year. Let me know if I missed something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.