Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been lookin through the MPW catalog, and I discover this 100% legal attractant. It supposedly works by scent instead of sight, which makes it legal. Has anyone ever used it or do you know if it works?

·
Registered
39 Posts
norman_87 said:
so i've been lookin through the MPW catalog, and I discover this 100% legal attractant. It supposedly works by scent instead of sight, which makes it legal. Has anyone ever used it or do you know if it works?
never heard of it, but I know my friends would laugh me right out of the blind if i used it, sounds like a rip-off

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I think its just another thing to sell to some poor guy. I have seen the stuff but have not used it so I will not make any further assumptions.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
That reminds me of a funny story. When I lived in Connecticut (The land of the Yuppies). I went home to NY one weekend and my aunt gave me a jar of homemade dill pickles, which broke and spilled on the floor on my way home. A week later, I took my Jeep Wrangler in to have the E-brake fixed. The next day I went to pick it up and the mechanic walked out and handed me the crazy high bill. As I was crying and scribbling out a check to him he said, " Are you a duck hunter"? I thought he had noticed the small cluster of decoys that was strewn in the back. I said "Yes (which was risky in CT), why do you ask"? The mechanic replied, "Well I noticed a smell in there and I thought it was that duck urine that you guys always spray on yourselves". I nearly sprayed myself with my own urine, as I was laughing my keister off. :rofl:

·
Registered
71 Posts
A few years ago a deer lure company named Tinks started selling turkey lure. The only thing is that turkeys can't smell. Only vultures and the condor have that ability. Makes you wonder what they put in their deer lure.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Willie said:
That duck scent lure works like a champ! Almost eliminates the need for decoys and calls altogether. :rofl:
Hell you don't even need a gun, they will be so thick in there you only need a dip-net

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ganderwacker said:
A few years ago a deer lure company named Tinks started selling turkey lure. The only thing is that turkeys can't smell. Only vultures and the condor have that ability. Makes you wonder what they put in their deer lure.
Yea my dad bought some of that as a joke. Yea and people think that deer lure really works. . . . . naw. :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sometimes, I spray cologne on and it works like a charm.

Don't let these hands fool you. Get you some Quack Attack. Them ducks ain't turkey's, they can smell just fine.

It would be like spritzing cologne on your business instrument, if you know what I mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.