Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you look for when scouting this time of year?

I am somewhat new to this and have usually hunted where I have seen ducks before or where I thought that ducks might be, but have done virtually no specific scouting to speak of.

What tips can you give a rookie to successfully scout for next season?

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
You can drive around and see where birds are and what pockets and parts of the lakes they are using but this will not be foolproof for next year. I only "scout" during the season because then the hunters are in their spots the birds are adjusting to them and thats how I find the calm spots where the birds are.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thats generally true, but why scout when others are hunting? If you are going to new areas just find places where the ducks hold and pray that they will still be there come season.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
So that you know where others are hunting and where the birds are gonna be away from them. I run a pretty long stretch of river every day after my hunt and decide from that where Im gonna be the next day. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.