Duck Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
SD Migration Hotline:

A flock of approximately 1000 snows about two miles west of Tyndall, SD.

5K snow geese a bit farther north, approximately 10-miles east of the Plankinton exit along I-90.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Sand Lake Refuge (north of Aberdeen South Dakota)
February 18, 2005:
Some small flocks of snow geese entering into southern South Dakota near Yankton, no migration activity to report on Sand Lake yet. Some Canada geese and mallard ducks are up at the Refuge.

·
Registered
327 Posts
well now that it has snowed from huron(as far south as i kown of) to aberdeen, it is making me feel real good bout my decision on when the geese were comming back. plus gives me time to work on my e-caller.

·
Registered
35 Posts
missed squaw creek hunt; had to work but my march 7-10 hunt looks late for nw mo.; looking at march 24-27 in aberdeen ,sd. area ; anybody got a crystal ball or should i just book hudson bay ; comments appreciated, have never hunted this area before. thanks, jim

·
Registered
110 Posts
You will probably be in good shape at that time.

There's a few in S. SD and some birds in Nebraska are getting restless and flying north. Looking cold next week, if anything holds it should be around the Missouri R.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard the extended forcast tonight, average to below average temps for the next week in the upper plains. Thus it'll be at least a week yet before the main bunch really start heading NNW out of AR and MO.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Was out scouting around Veblen, SD for Prairie Honkers and there were some flocks around Putney. Went all the way south of Ipswich, SD and saw a few flocks that surprised me. Just the numbers. It is early though and the weatherman is saying snow Sunday night to Friday. That might change things alot. Either way, that good southwest wind we had sure brought them up.
good hunting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got back from desmet SD, tons of geese in the area. Tuff decoying weather and all the birds we seen were adults. Just waiting on the juvies so we can get some in the decoys that dont hang up at 60-70 yards. Good luck to everyone chasing the white geese.

Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back. :salude:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.