Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm building a boat i was wondering what is the best way to seal the cracks in the boat so it doesnt sink. someone suggested to get ''epoxy cloth and reisen" but it is 80 dollars for a gallon and i was wondering if there is a cheaper way or a differnt way entierly :help: :help:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Epoxy (such as West) is the best to use for over wood.....but you can also use polyester resin if you are dry storing the boat......the epoxy resin provides a much better seal for wood. I would never leave a polyester resin fiberglassed boat in the water and would limit exposure to elements if you want it to last a long time.

Another great product out is Gluvit....but it is also at least $75 per gallon....but I will say this, there is absolutely nothing better for sealing (especially aluminum, because Gluvit expands with the hull).

Making a boat the right way and the best way is not a budget concious person's way to save money. Do it right with the best materials and you will be awarded over time and with piece of mind in a quality product, a safe product and a functional product.

·
Registered
15 Posts
gsphunter said:
1. Get a big case of cheap gum
2. Chew it and then spit it into your hand
3. Put the sticky gum over the spots that it leaks

Should be nice and cheap for ya.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :mrgreen:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.