Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
im kind of a fanatic when it comes to this. about may, ill get out all the dekes from the bags,wash em,check the lines,check for cracks, and repaint them. ive got shelves in my storage in my basement that separate all the different species of ducks, and a system to organize them that keeps different kinds apart-water keel,weighted keel,flambeau,horicon,etc. i clean the motors in all my shaker dekes, and take the old batteries out. i also rerig the rubber tubing on my jerklines, cuz it tends to get old and weak. Ive got about 9 dozen, so i want to keep everything separate. i use alot of hen mallard dekes and teal dekes early season, and more drakes and divers late season, so i like to be able to have em all ready at the drop of a hat. i also check all the decoy bag straps and strings, replacing what needs to be replaced, and sew up any holes in the mesh bags with parachute cord. its nice to have all this sorted in case we decide on a different destination saturday mornings because of weather, bird reports,etc. if i switch to a big lake at the last minute, its nice to be able to just dump the teal and load the divers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.