Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a september teal season here in oklahoma I didn't get to get out and hunt because my dad said he wanted to wait until the first freeze to get rid of tics mites parsites stuff like that. Is that a superstition or a real theat?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Here during teal season, the mosquitos are so thick that it is hard to see the ducks. They can be a real pain, but if you are smart and wear long sleeves and insect repellant you should be fine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
teal season is prety fun just because it lasts later in the day....7:13 pm this year....i have changed the way i hunt teal in southern indiana....

i shove my canoe in the weeds and hide in the bushes....no decoys...no calling...just lay in wait....the tough part around here is that woodies are moving around also...but you cant shoot them.....a quick eye on the shape of the head connected to a quick trigger finger can get you a few teal

....no ticks and mites....i joke sometimes about leeches and the mosquitos....same size around here just one of them flies....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sounds great everyone. We have a split season and 1/2 of it open tomorrow :getdown:

I'm going to wait for a week and catch the second opener with my 6 year old daughter. Good luck everyone and act like my daughter might be in the next blind watching you :thumbsup:

John

·
Registered
106 Posts
We've been there, and want to be there again waiting for the teal buzz finding you with coffee in one hand and a honey bun in the other! :oops:

9 days is better'n none. We don't hurt'em enough population reduction wise not to have at least 15 days :mrgreen: coinciding with the early goose de-population. :toofunny:

Even avid bird watchers don't like stepping in lakeside goose "goo poo". Tuff ****. They should take up golf. A long ball driven hitting a golf course goose dropping him stone dead is comparable to our 15 day nuisance season's chances of de-populating the "problem" birds.

Nice photo dukhnter7 This year I went once, and got zip teal or "problem"
geese. I did my part for the goose problem. Maybe I should take up golf. :hammering: :thumbsup: :laughing: :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.