Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know Shane Roten or how to get a hold of him. I have sent him three calls to tune and they have been gone since August, I have also tried to call him with never an answer :pissed: . Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i have heard a little bit about roten calls from some friends in Monroe.
How are they...single reeds or doubles? How do they compare to RNT's , echo's and Zinks
Thanks
LA

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's actually difficult to answer about the comparison to the other calls you mentioned. I believe a lot depends on the way they are tuned. I've seen some bad calls that were tuned really good & some, well, you get the idea. I really like my calls from Shane. I actually won first place in a local calling contest a while back! Only trophy in my life!
Anyway, try his out. I really believe you'll like it. Again, the main thing is to get it tuned right & don't eat anything at all while you're hunting. If you ever take a call apart, you'll see why.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Ive got a double reed from roten that I hated the sound of when I blew it but he asked me if Id buy it if he made it sound like I wanted it to. It was at a hunters expo. I said sure, figuring he would never achieve my likings. Three trips later he had it blowing like a swamp hen. It has stayed on my lanyard all these years. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I still see the vortex here and there but havent seen or heard anything about him for a while.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Last I heard he was not in the call business any more, but that was a couple years ago. Can't say for sure that is still true or not though. I have one of his double reeds and it never leaves my lanyard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Cat Island & Orangefoot,

I was so keen to get answers to my questions on Shane Roten calls that I missed my introduction. Accept my sincere apologies.

I'm... French (that's where I apologise again), based in France, and I do hunt in France. For my forgiveness, I'm married to an American woman and my two kids are US citizens, kind of an inheritage of the 6 years period where I was living/hunting in TX.

I'm happy to join this discussion board.

Best,

Nicool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.