Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
berettaguy17 said:
well i found a set from a little 4 pointer and i got both of them and i think im gunna kill a jackrabbit and get a jackolope mounted
Ive been really wanting to do that with a little buck that I shot! That would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I pulled the plates and brass pins of the side of my buck knife and made new plates out of sheds. I also made a coat rack out of the spikes I shot through the years. You can also sell them for rattling antlers. I've never done that but I know that some hunters will buy them.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I think you can sell them? Why wouldn't you? We sell deer hides, beaver pelts, coyotes, foxes, muskrats. We sell beaver castors, and mink gland, skunk glands, why not deer antlers? I've never heard of that being illegal. I think it's only illegal to sell deer meat. And no animal products sold across a countries border without a license. Although I have been wrong before.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Good because I'm curious now as well. Not that I have sold deer antlers but I have sold the other things I mentioned, pelts, glands beaver tails and stuff, so it will be interesting to find out if that is illegal.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
do a search on ebay for ANTLERS.....they are sold every day usually associated with crafts....but there are also full mounts....I don't know why a person would want a deer he did not shoot, but to each his own I guess.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Me and my old man hang ours all on one old shed at our farm. the thing is getting pretty full proabaly 2-3 dozen of them. We hope to get every inch covered on the outside. Might look pretty cool one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts