Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Chief Throw's-a-Party
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any deer hunter’s get out looking for shed antlers? I really enjoy it. A chance to spend time in the woods. I like following deer trails and it’s a chance to see where deer activity was occurring throughout the past season. I have done well finding sheds for the last four seasons in the area I hunt. At least one per year if not more. All but two in the picture were found in my area. One met one of my arrows.
Wood Picture frame Wall Gas Art

· Registered
3,559 Posts
I usually find a few. My uncle lets me turkey hunt his property that he deer hunts and cuts hay on in the summer, so finding sheds before they find a tractor tire is a big plus to him and he is happy to let about anyone in the family go look for sheds. Last year I found a matching set off a 6pt just a few feet apart. ....and of course while helping him with hay a few years ago I found one with the tractor tire, as he also found one with the 4-wheeler tire last year.

· Registered
73 Posts
I’ll be going out soon - my cameras are starting to show some nice bucks dropping antlers this past week. When I get back from a work trip this week I’ll probably work in a weekly shed hunt. Surprisingly, have never found one myself. My hunting buddy has found a half dozen or so while out with me, but he’s got the quicker eye it seems. The spot I bear hunt in NH has a lot of bull moose in the area, so I’m really hoping I can find a paddle or two some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts