Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought eight boxe's of Remington High Velocity Nito Magnum Steel #2's and #4's for $4.00 a box with the factory rebate, at Wal-Mart in NW Iowa. They also had Winchester X-pert shell's real cheap but I passed I do not care for them after opening a few of them up and seeing what the quality was IMO. Keep a eye out for the close out deal's.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
our Wally carries the worst selection of waterfowling shotshells i've ever seen. it's almost like they took a poll of what sells the best and then stocked up with the opposite.

you can always find the 4 pack of Winchesters in #4 and sometimes in #2.

Remington Sportsman Steel (not the high velocity stuff)

3" #4
3" BB

Remington Sportsman Steel high velocity

3.5" BB 1550fps (i do buy this occasionally at about 11 bucks a box)
3" #1

and then they have a few different types of 2.75" stuff...but they don't sell alot of ammo there. we've tried to get them to order some "good" stuff, but they always tell us the same thing. "if it's not on the list...we can't have it."

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try and check around at different wally world location if you have another close to you. Or I have heard Mill's Fleet & farm is a good place to go, never been to one myself though

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
we have a GI Joes sports store that i go to. i can get Federal 2 3/4 inch 1oz #2's at 1375fps for 5.99 a box. if i buy a case of 'em i get a 10% discount. these are my "normal" shells for everyday hunting over dekes. i shoot ducks so close that i really don't need anything special to kill them.

i stock up on a few boxes of 3.5" 1550fps BB for the days when i am pass shooting. grab a couple of boxes of #4's for those days when the teal are in thick....and occasionally splurge and grab a couple of boxes of 3" hevishot #6's to really put the hurt on some ducks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unbelievable, just got back from Wal-Mart, and I picked up some more of these shell's on clearance, for the same price. Only this time the rebate has been expired, so they dropped the price to $17.00 for four boxe's, comes out to $4.25 a box without the rebate. Man if they still had that rebate going they would almost be free!!! They also had more X-pert's for $13.00 for four boxe's. Wife was with me so I only picked up two of them Remington boxe's. Hopefully they will still be some more around towards the end of the week, I'll stop in and get some more out of the secret hunting fund's :laughing: :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.