Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really only my second year of duck hunting. I got to shoot my first Wood Duck tonight! It must be a female, 'cause it doesn't have all the pretty colors. Anyhow, I shot a blue bill a woody and a duck with a shovel type bill.

Took my kayak out and threw out a dozen decoys. It was a beautiful evening. The ride back in the kayak was about the best part (next to shooting the ducks of course) the sun was setting and you know how the sun hits the reeds and the water and it gives them that beautiful color. It was great. There's was virtually no wind, all I could hear was the little splash that the paddle makes when it hits the water, and there was that chill in the air that we hunters all know and enjoy. It doesn't get any better than this!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Saturday night when i was picking up decoys my friend was standing there with his gun and I told him that 2 ducks were comming. Then he shot at them and I kinda yelled "they are woodies!" :eek: then he couldn't get the second shell in his gun and they flew away. O well there is always a next time.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
After mallards woodies are my favorite duck. If you ever get the chance to have a nice sized group set down in the decoys do yourself a favor sit there and watch them. They have great attitude, personality and you could almost say a sense of humor. I had the pleasure of having a flock of 200 woodies light in my decoys last year (after I had already shot my two) and watched them for 2 hours.

yeller

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.