Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with this stuff. I am thinking about camoing my new 870 20 gauge with it. Likes, dislikes please post up any info. If you have used it please post up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea what is it.I camoed my 870 with rustoleam and a fern.I primarily hunt in salt water and thick mud and this saves me from an hour of scrubing after every hunt I still have to sand it down and repaint it every couple of years.I save my good guns for upland birds and trap.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yes it will. If your going to camo up you gun with spray paint your going to do some damage to the finish. Most of us just run some fine steel wool or emery cloth over the gun before hunting season and give ol blue another coat of camo paint. You can try some camo tape or snake skin camo if your worried about your gun. If your hunting ducks get a gun your not going to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I hate camo tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put some on a bow once and it starts to peel off from dirt getting on it and leaves sticky resin all over the place. It takes longer to clean the resin off than to repaint the gun.

I personally would buy a used gun for waterfowling and paint it or get or make camo socks for the gun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did a benelli m1...put it on per the directions..hunted 2 seasons in salt marsh..sprayed the gun after each time..used my wife's hair dryer to remove when i went to teade the gun..NO RUST..NO DINGS IN THE STOCK..it looked like the gun had never duck hunted..i got another kit for Christmas..NO i don't have stock in the company..It Works

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1st Attempt at Camo Cladding turned out much better than I anticipated. Could be better, but could've been alot worse. I found where you can get Camo CLad Shotgun kits in Advantage Camo for $5. If you are interested let me know.

[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
That looks great! I like my good old black composite 870 special purpose, but may try that. I had a very nice one that A friend had sent out and refinished with a very nice low gloss finish on all the metal, parkerized or something like that. I took the shiny finish off the stocks and used just rubbed oil on it. Looked very classy and blended in just fine. Kind of like a express but many notches above in the look, finish quality, and of course there no pump made today as slick as a wingmaster. A nice option if you like a more traditional look and the wingmaster quality.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I put the camo tape on my 835 a few years back for Turkey season, it rained, got wet. Not thinking about it I dried it off, oiled it up on the moving and internal parts. Yea, bad! About ten days later pulled the tape off, rust beyond reasonable repair on the barrel. Will camo clad react the same way? A little late for the Mossy now, took it apart, stripped it, primed it and camo painted with my airbrush. Looks pretty good for a Turkey gun.
:salude:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used camo clad on a gun for two years and loved it. I was curious as to how it was going to come off - so I took it off and it came off easy without hurting the gun and it really protected the stock and the blueing. No rust at all. I would recommend it.

Take your time putting it on - it will take a couple of hours.
Steelman

·
Registered
940 Posts
I hunt pretty hard & my 870 Super Mag has had a "duck guns life"... I Camo Claded it 2 years ago & never had any problems. I removed the Camo Clad after this season to see how well the gun was holdin' up & to do a through cleanin'... I'll be Camo Cladin' it before next season. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.