Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on the best quality shotgun for the money on waterfowl?

Looking for a new firearm.

G

·
I believe that a remington 870 super magnum is the best shotgun ou can buy for your money.I bought one last season and it is my favorite gun i have ever shot for all around use. I love to shoot Winchester Drylok 3.5 #2 with a modified chokefor ducks and geese. I believe if you try this combo you will not be dissapointed. :)

G

·
GO TO YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD WALMARTS AND BUT YOU A BERETTA 390
3INCH AUTO. THEY PURCHASED ALL OF THE REMAINING 390'S A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND YOU CAN GET ONE FOR A LITTLE OVER 500.00.

THIS IS THE BEST SHOTGUN ON THE MARKET FOR THE MONEY. IT COMES WITH THE DIFFERENT CHOKE TUBES. THIS SHOTGUN WILL LAST YOU A LIFE TIME AND YOU WILL BE PROUD TO OWN IT. YOU CAN SHOOT IT ALL DAY ON A DOVE FIELD AND NEVER FEEL IT, OR PUT IN SOME 3 INCHERS AND BLAST AWAY AT THOSE GREEN HEADS WITHOUT THE BAD RECOIL.

THE NEW BERETTA 3 1/2'S ARE CAUSING SOME PROBLEMS AND ARE NOT LIVING UP TO THE BERETTA REPUTATION..BE CAREFUL WITH THESE.

G

·
I also use the remington 870 supermag and have for a long time. I have not babied this gun by any stretch of the imagination and have had it out in some pretty nasty weather up here, and it has outperformed most of my blind buddies by far. Not to mention that is lethal with 3" 2 shot using a modified choke for ducks when pass shooting, and the same set up only using #4's when shooting over dekes.

G

·
Yes,There is one Benelli man among us! Save your money, pick up aluminum cans, prostitute your body if you have to but save enough to buy a Super Black Eagle. After a short break in ( 50 rounds or so) you won't want your money back. My hunting buddy "had" to buy one after I did and his first response after killing 3 ducks in about 4 seconds was "this is one BAD mother!" P.S. he is a former Remington man.

G

·
Many people focus on the gun brand and the price of the gun.I for one do not think that you get what you pay for when it comes to shotguns. I was also fooled that a benelli is the top of the line gun, but it really isn't.A remington 870 express wYill do anything a benelli could ever do .When you go hunting, the more money you pay for a gun does't mean your going to kill more game I'd go with the remington, also their alot less expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
well yea my 1st gun was a 870 remington and i realy liked it but when i was going to get a nother gun i was wanting to get a stoger cause it was the gun i was going to keep for the rest of my life so i decided to get a gun made by bennelli cause i wanted a simi auto and a good price so i decided to get the stoger and when i shot it it just semed more comfortable and i didnt have to pump it and it doesnt way as much as the 870 and it seemed a hole lot easer to handle and its very reliable and i can shoot skeet a hole lot better and ducks but the 870 is a preety good gun but i enjoy having the stoger better

:D

G

·
Has anyone got experience behind the HecKler and Koch semi auto,known as the Rex Lion
I am a lefty,and do not want to spring for a NEW SBE,(or a used one ) if I can help it.
Lefty guns are hard to come by

G

·
I have been looking at the Franchi Variomax 912 Gas operated and shoots up to 3 1/2 inch mags
http://www.franchi.com/Prodotti/SchedaP ... 68.275.316

I have been shooting a Frachi since I was 13 and I am 34 now, and still use it for Dove, Pheasant, not Ducks, since it only shoots 2 3/4. For ducks I currently use a Benneli Nova Pump- It is heavy but darn reliable. I should not be telling you all this but, I literally threw it in the Lake last year after missing a flock of Green heads. Regained my senses and went after it. took it out of the mud and washed it off with Lake water.

Discovered that the gun had a built in tool where the onwer can remove the trigger mechanism and all, right out in the field!! If you are looking for a good Cheap shotgun under $300.00 this thing is rock solid.

However if anyone has any advice on the Franchi, I would greatly appreciated.

G

·
I have a Browning Gold Hunter that is great. Gas system seems to get dirty fast and is messy to clean, but veryyyyyyy smooth to shoot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
save ur money and buy a remington 870 trust me u wont regret it at all i have one and its been threw hell and back i dropped it in a pond one time and pulled it out and it still works fine. i go hunting allmost everyday after school and i clean my gun probalby once every 2-3 weeks and there is no rust on it they wont rust and they wont jam they r very good guns so dont be dumb and go out and spend $1200 on a super black eagle. you will shoot just as many with the remington.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Benelli Nova and love it. Never had any problems with it. My father has a 1187 and has no problems with it either. I think that pumps are more reliable because they don't jam up. My nova is easy to take apart and clean. So i would go with a remington or benelli. Or if you can find a nice used ithaca, they are wonderful guns.

G

·
I have a Browning A5 Gas operated waterfowl edition. I have never once jammed in any weather. It is extremely light and shoots like a dream. It is now 14 years old so I don't know the similar model now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I just bought a Bennelli Nova this year and I love it, it pumps fast and It holds a 3.5in shell for those long kill shots!!

G

·
I am on my second 870. All my rich friends have Benillis. There camo covered do not rust and when covered in silt do not jam.(like my 870) I have about 600.00 saved and will save and save till I can afford a Super Black Eagle. I have yet to see one jam and sre so nice and light you will have no problem toting it day after day to the swamp to devistate the bird pop.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts