Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1130 Posts

· Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us have a hunting dog or two. We need a page to show them off. I was out today checking wood duck houses. Here is my young lab running on water and the old lab steering clear of all that energy.

Sent from my IPhone.

· Registered
1,477 Posts
I already shared this video, my best dog Lena bringing in a mallard. Lena's a 32 pound american water spaniel, she's retrieved probably 75 or so geese over water in her life, (she would swim out and grab them by the neck, wing or leg), then drop them on shore at my feet, she couldnt lift them up out of water, sadly i dont have any videos of that, but I got some pics I'll try to find. Funny how you get attached to certain dogs. I've had quite a few, if I could pick one dog and have them young and healthy forever Lena would be my pick. Sadly she's now lame in both back legs, she is comfortable since I keep her good and doped up, but will never be able to do another retrieve. When I take my other dogs out hunting Lena howls as I leave my place, i truly believe it hurts her knowing I'm going hunting, and she's not. But when I come back I give her a few feathers, she hates me a little less because of that

· Registered
35 Posts
My 1.5 year old Lab cut his teeth on upland hunting last fall and did great! This fall we both hope to start duck hunting for the first time. He does great on water retrieves, blind retrieves, and whistle and hand directions. He is practicing being steady in his Rig'em dog blind. Stayed in for 3 hours yesterday till I gave him a "release" command.

· Registered
7,513 Posts
I only have 1 now... His name is Deuce, and he is a working mans dog, that is starting to slow down at 7 due to minor hip issues...

Aa.jpg

aaaaaaaa.jpg

D6.jpg

D7.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1130 Posts