Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone uses the like fiber optic neon colored sights on their guns. If so, do you like them? Is it worth it to try them? Pros/cons? Any info would be great. Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey i have fiber optics for my shotgun and they are awesome you can buy magnetic ones that just attach to the rib and they work awesome there like $14 and they are sweet specially in low light
Daniel

·
Registered
450 Posts
the front site on my nova is a nice fat red fiber optic bead, i love it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
There are the pros for you Honk Shooter. I've never shot with them for any number of shots. Just shot a buddies gun a couple of times with it on there. The one bad thing I have heard about them is that you start aiming to much with them. Wingshooting is not like shooting a rifle at a stationary target where you have lots of time to actually aim. You want to pull the gun up, look down the barrell, and shoot.

This is just something I have heard, but can't say one way or the other for sure.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree gsp. I have tried the fiber sights and you start aiming to much with them. I never focus on the sight always on the bird and the rest comes naturally. If your head is down on the gun then where ever you look you shoot. I have shot birds in uh um uh the very fringe of legal shooting hours and if you can see the bird then you can kill him without the use of fiber sights (if he is close enough) but it is mainly personal preference use what YOU like best. I think a lot of it is hype if Tom Knap just used a bead sight he wouldnt have any special sight to sell you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.