Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is the first year i really started to field hunt for geese. I have about 4 dozen shells and only 8 full. Also, every once and a while i through in two flyers to make it look real. I was looking at full bodies the other day and turned right away when i saw the price. Then, looking at silhouette decs, it looks pretty good.......... YES OR NO?????

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you are going to buy some, go with Real-Geese Pro Series. I have some Outlaws and I think they really suck :thumbsdown: They look like mirrors when there is even the littlest sun. The Real Geese are by far a lot better.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I agree... But You cant go wrong with the fullbodys... Try and work up a spread. Thats what I'm doing now. I bought all my shells last year and might by 6 FB's this year. Just slowly work up a spread spending mabye like 150 bucks a year. And save duriing the summer also just do some extra work and say, ok that money goes fro goose hunting... And bingo before you know it, in a couple of years you've got a good spread.. :getdown: ... Hope my info helps..

Mallayrd

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i might try to get a little of both because i know some people here in illinois that could get me some full bodies for a pretty reasonable price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
AW.... just take out a loan and get the Drop Zones! LOL I saw those and wondered if they were gold plated or something? $1500 a doz!?!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jeepman:) where can I see a pitcher of these Drop zones I want to make sure they are not pure gold :smile:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Maybe they lay golden eggs? :toofunny:

Back to the subject at hand, as mentioned the proseries RGs have a no shine finish on 1 side. :thumbsup: About $130 retail as I recall. I get them after the season ends for $90-100 :hammering: Occasionally the RGs will come up for resale and used ones go for $50 to 85 a dz depending on condition. FBs are great-but they do take up room. If lack of room is an issue (no trailer) then the RGs are the way to go IMHO. But if you have the trailer and have the $ the FBs are best. I have both, I use the silos when I can not drive into a field or for late season when I need to bulk up on numbers for the spread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts