Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

There is a current petition from residents of Camano Island to BAN hunting on Leque Island, Smith Farm & Skagit Wildlife Area, Stanwood/Camano Island.

It was sent to the WDFW, Snomomish County Executive Reardon, Senator Mary Margaret Haugen and (then) Governor Locke. It proposes BANNING HUNTING on the properties listed above. I have a copy of the petition available for those who want to get involved.

I also have a PRO-HUNTING petition you can sign to keep those areas OPEN TO HUNTING.

A meeting with the WDFW and Senator Haugen has been schedule on March 9th, at the Stanwood Middle School Cafeteria, to address the issue.

PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING.

PLEASE SIGN OUR PRO-HUNTING PETITION

Please PM me for details.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've signed it, tons of my buddies have signed it. I don't wanna lose my spots out there. Apparently they have made an attempt to do it once before, and hunters stopped it...3 of them. Now that we have a larger force fighting this, I believe we will be alright. Please whoever goes, just keep it civilized and the more respectful that you all are the more they will listen. I fear we will have some bad representation from some non-informed hunters.
I would be all over this meeting if I was still in Washington. Once I am back home, if this is still an issue then count me into whatever is neccessary.

Thanks for posting this up, it is a very big issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.