Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who, What, When, Where, How, How Many... Everything, im curious.

Yesterday; 3 Friends and I got up @ 3:45 and got a decent spot on Farm Island, we got a couple in the morning, went back to the cabins for breakfast and went back out for the afternoon, in total we got 9 birds but it was a hell of a time being out there and bs'in about how slow the island has been all year.

Today; A friend and I went out to the front part of farm island, had 3 greenheads by around 9;45... It was pretty slow. 10;30 rolled around and it was down to me... The young one (16) out of our normal crew of 5 people... left to hunt the rest of the last day on the island... DAMN WAS IT SLOW AND BORING, ended up getting a hen pintail and that was the only shots i had untill around 3 minutes untill time when i let out an end of the season gun salute.

Season Summary; I missed 1 weekend this whole duck season.... Believe me I put in my time up there at the skagit, hunting the island and skagit/padilla bay with my friends. The year was slow but me being up there so much paid of, especially this being the first year that i could drive i was able to explore a few other places around skagit valley. Well, i could be one or two off either way but for me i got about 105 birds or so this year, about 30 shy of last year but it left some memories and i couldnt help but feel a tear come on when i left my cabin tonight, thousands of ducks feeding 100-200 yards away in the fields across the river. Time to hibernate untill next season!!!

How'd your seasons go?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the sammish unit.... Awesome to hear your got some birds, me and some friends hunt some private property just south of there where there is blinds along the dike and you hunt out over padilla bay, spent a lot of weekends there this year because the padilla and sammish bay were hoarding all the birds :(

Anyways, glad to hear you got some birds and had fun! Anyone else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.