Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dep River has a very nice sporting clays course, 5 stand and ZZ bird. They are a membership club but do have open shoots on the weekends.

Durham Wildlife Club in RTP has several skeet & trap fields plus 5 stand. DWC is also a membership club but you can contact them about visiting as a guest to try it out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I ain't no good at shooting trap or skeet, but I do have the "keys" to the Durham County Wildlife Club.

Let me know when you wanna go.

There is a catch, though. You have to throw a frozen mallard in the lake for my pup to go fetch. Then I'll turn on the machines, and we can waste some lead.

You off for lunch, today? or wanna go in the morning, early. I have access to the place from 7am weekdays till about dark or so.

On the weekends just find the shop, and tell them you wanna shoot some trap or skeet or five stand, and they'll be glad to get you started.

Here's our website if you want to investigate. We're in the RTP just off Hopson Road which is just off Davis Drive.

www.dcwc.net

·
Registered
357 Posts
Okay, that's fine.

I guess it ought to be off for today because of the rain.

Not for me getting wet or you getting wet or the hound, but for the fact that they don't like them machines to get rained on. Seems to do something to the electricity and all.

Just give me a holler, and I'll see what's cooking.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Drake Landing is a great operation I have been out there a few times the guys are real nice. I took my dad out there who is in a wheel chair and they were all about helping so he and myself could both shoot and enjoy the day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A Little further south is the FT Bragg trap and skeet range, relatively new and cheap- not actually on Bragg so no need to worry about going thru gates- actually it is in Spring lake off of Hiway 87. 10 minutes or so from the new Gander Moutain in Fayetteville- a good day's trip for shooting a shopping

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool...I'm going to check the calendar and throw a date out there and see if anybody wants to get together and go to one of them.

Of the places mentioned, will any of them have trouble handling a hopefully medium size group? I would hope there might be 20+ people interested...I don't do any turkey hunting, only because I've never been, but I know a lot of folks on here do, and if we're going to put this together, it needs to be before turkey season so we can get participation...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would be interested in joining the shoot'em up as well. Just let me know when and where. I think most of you guys are from the raliegh area but not sure. I know Shane's Sporting Clays is a good place to go if you all are wanting something in the GSO area. I would be willing to make the trip to the raliegh area if that is where ya'll are going to go....and if I am invited. :smile:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fred and Southern Star...how about next Saturday, can you get us in the Durham range?

It looks like the place opens at 11:00 and closes at 3:00. Maybe meet there around 10:15 or 10:30?

Who wants to go?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why not just wait till 11 then you won't need a host?

Just go down to the office, they call it a shop, and tell them you want to shoot some traps.

Any other day except next Wednesday is good for me.

We can meet there at 7am, and shoot till you have to go to work. Or after work will be ok.

But, on the weekends, anybody can go shoot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.