Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always skinned my ducks. I got a new buddie that swears by leaving the skin on, I havnt had a chance to check it out yet....whatcha y'all think? Thanx! :help:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I always just skin them because its faster, you don't have to pluck. Just puck a little to get to the skin, rip it down the breast and breast her out. ...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I think the easiest way is just to open the skin up and filet out the meat. It goes quickest I think, and why spend time cleaning birds? :smile:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you don't want to spend time clean birds then don't kill them. They died so you can eat, so I don't want to hear you whining cause you have to clean some.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
im not at all against cleaning them, but you have to admit its not the funnest part of hunting. I clean what i kill and eat what i clean so dont think that im out shooting em then leaving em.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Skin and breast them out unless you plan on stuffing and roasting them. And by the way there are all kinds of stuffings that go good with duck and goose. You are only limited by your own knowledge.

·
Registered
622 Posts
98ramtough said:
I always just skin them because its faster, you don't have to pluck. Just puck a little to get to the skin, rip it down the breast and breast her out. ...
That is the easiest way to clean any bird bigger than a dove. That is how I always clean turkeys and it works great and is soooooo simple. :yes:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
if i am going to keep a nice big duck whole for roasting, i'll sit down and take the time to pluck it and leave the skin on. the skin locks in the juices and you get all the flavor from the fat.

however, since most of my ducks get breasted...i usually just peel the skin back and fillet the meat right out of the bird.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts