Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any company make goose decoys with the removable keel like the Blackwater duck dekes? I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks for any help!

Doug

·
Registered
271 Posts
GreenHead Gear!

Great looking dekes too. I own three dozen of them. I'll never buy another Flambeau.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, I hate to go back on my word so quick, but I must confess that I was too harsh. Flambeau makes something like a 'guide series' floater that is of the 'pontoon' design. They have water keels that you can snap out as well. THOSE decoys do look very good and work just like a shell. I lucked into a dozen of them at a Walmart last year. They were on sale for $25 per 4-pack. They are nice and stack easily.

The flambeaus that I will never buy again are their standard goose floaters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Steve! I've been looking in Mack's and Cabela's and I guess they just don't describe the dekes well enough. Maybe I'll have to go to the store and check them out.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Doug: With the Flambeaus - make sure that you've decided the night before whether you're going to hunt land or water. I have four. You have to really shove - and I mean shove - that keel into the bottom of the deke to make it lock in. Believe me, this is no last minute job; almost lost my religion last November on these. But they are nice once you've decided. The convert-a-head feature is nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts