Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i know there are a lot of people here who love and a lot who hate GHG dekes. i have a few ?'s about the snap lock keels. are they a problem? why? are they weighted or water? thanks in advance...

NOTE: please don't get on here and bash GHG. i just want to know, from experience, how the strengths and weaknesses of these keels. thanks.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have snap tights on some Avery Blue Wings...They are wieghted. I like em if I dont have ta carry em too far. Ive only had em 2 years but, no complaints so far :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I have one doz. standard mallards. They are weighted keel. I have one that is a little hard to get on and off. Otherwise I have been one of the lucky ones as mine work fine and the paint is good. I do prefer my G&H for my regular spread, but the GHG's work fine for when I need to fill out the spread.

·
Registered
211 Posts
the ghg snap lock keels wernt designed to be installed and removed. it was done to cut down on shipping size and save us a few$$ once installed the snap lock keels should not be removed or the locking mechanizm gets worn down and the keel becomes loose it states this right on the directions.

they are weighted but can easily be modified to be a water keel,
some are a little harder to install than others but they all go in.
and remember 2 clicks and they are locked not one.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rowdy said:
the ghg snap lock keels wernt designed to be installed and removed. it was done to cut down on shipping size and save us a few$$ once installed the snap lock keels should not be removed or the locking mechanizm gets worn down and the keel becomes loose it states this right on the directions.

they are weighted but can easily be modified to be a water keel,
some are a little harder to install than others but they all go in.
and remember 2 clicks and they are locked not one.
thanks for the info Rowdy, this was exactly the kind of post i was looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.