Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doubt if that'll be enough, but try anyway, you'll start learning immediately. Texas Rags are about the cheapest. Check out ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
fowler4life said:
ive got about 1 1/2 dz. shells, 3dz. silosocks, and 3dz. silos. will this bring snows in ive never gone out b4 for snows and wut are cheap decoys that will get the job done???
Spread 'em out and get concealed...I've seen stranger things.

Be careful now, messing around with snow geese is like messing around with heroin. You could end up losing your mind and emptying your bank account. :yes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chris Hustad said:
fowler4life said:
ive got about 1 1/2 dz. shells, 3dz. silosocks, and 3dz. silos. will this bring snows in ive never gone out b4 for snows and wut are cheap decoys that will get the job done???
Spread 'em out and get concealed...I've seen stranger things.

Be careful now, messing around with snow geese is like messing around with heroin. You could end up losing your mind and emptying your bank account. :yes:
LOL!! :lol: That needs to be my tagline. No one really helps me with the cost of my decoys, but they sure all want to come hunting with me. They know I'm totally addicted and will keep upgrading my spread. My kids will get goose decoys when I die.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Snow goose hunting is worse than heroin,and as far as the withdrawls, well atleast they have methadone clinics for heroin abusers, we just got to gut it out 'til next season!

·
Registered
29 Posts
fowler4life,

The advice of getting friends to share in the cost is a great idea. Another idea for cheap decoys is find them used on this and other hunting webpages, a person can usually find some bargains on decoys that would last better and be more realistic than texas rags. If you cannot come up with anything else for this year try it anyway. With an ecaller or practice on a mouth call and some time you should be able to get a few, decoying a few snow geese sure beats the hell out of sittin on the couch.

good luck and let us know how it goes

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I've shot a hell of a lot of Snows using under 100 decoys. You just have to learn how to set them up, where to set them up, etc... believe that is what they call hunting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts