Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big question for you guys! This morning I was hunting in the pouring snow here in Texas of all places. Does it hurt the the hunting when it is snowing real hard? Next, does it matter if your decoys get a lot of snow on them? Not that I will ever hunt for ducks when it is snowing this hard ever again, but just in case. Let me know. You guys from up north should know the answer to this question.
Killed 6 by the way. 3 widgeon and 3 gadwall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well that happens up here more often than down there. I've had some great hunts in the snow and some not so good. We received 7 inches today and expect another 6-10 tonight. It does help to keep the snow off if its at all possible. Wade out every once in awhile and brush at least a few off. Otherwise, if you need a boat to get out there, it probably would be to much trouble.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
yeah you need to clean the dekes off when its snowing. they dont look to good covered in snow. i havent did very good when its snowing hard. we usually just pick up and go. to many dekes to clean off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.