Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, fess up. Who got out today and smashed them in the snow? My wife was sick and I had to stay home and tend to the kids. I was chompin at the bit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a 4 letter word this time of year! :biggrin: That was my buddy. He didn't do well for some reason. Didn't see much moving I guess.

·
Registered
85 Posts
John,
Aside from a group of 4 that came into a rig next to me(3 got out) and one other group that came in and landed by themselves, THERE WAS NO FLIGHT! The birds wernt even back a half hour after shooting time. :eek: Other than a few smart ones, I think we have killed most of the coastal birds. :huh: Seems to me that the nuisance season has done its job and has taken its toll. The days of 30 Canada's a day seems to be over. Time to chase the snow geese. :yes:
Dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hunted the better part of the afternoon --did fair 2 guys 7 geese :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Probably could have had a couple more but the birds were'nt finishing good . A few birds moved earlier in the afternoon -then once the snow started a group of 4 came in about 50 yards out then another small group landed further out. It looked like it was going to get good after that with the snow moving in and all but that was it --no flight at all. The birds all got up off the front sand bar and headed west :sad: :sad:
We did see 3 redheads -2 drakes and 1 hen --and ofcourse had tons of wigeon dump into the decoys- only saw 2 other parties and they came later after the few birds that did move already did :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave,
go get 'em. I here there all over south Jersery now. Wish I could go with you. I got to wait 'til MO for my smash. Did they get e-call for Jersey approved for this spring? I heard they did. If so I think thats gonna be the ticket. When are you going down?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.