Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am goofing around with this new Buck Gardner call. I blow it for a while get it all loaded and gooped up with nasty spit when I notice the ice cube trays need filled. So I filled them up and threw in the BG call with the ice trays and forgot about it. Oh a couple hours or so later I am fixing a drink and remember the BG call in the freezer. I pull it out, and the thing looks like a frosted beer mug. I thought no way this thing would blow .........I put it to my mouth quack quack. Unbelievable. I am going to repeat the test tonight I was surprised to say the least. Few calls pass that test for sure.

Bret

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What kind of drink was you a fixin, and how many of these had you had before you went quack quack. :salude:

Just kidin. Let us know how the second test went.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Bret said:
:oops: :help: shut up..... I lost half the skin off of my lips and I am still healing. That is why I have not got the call out again. :toofunny:

I will get on it soon.

Bret
ouch, i have done that with a cigarette and it hurts and bleeds like hell!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
:toofunny:

actually, i have never subjected any of my calls to that test. i've never had one freeze up on me, but i guess it would be good to know. i may have to toss all my calls in the freezer one of these days.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Bret said:
:oops: :help: shut up..... I lost half the skin off of my lips and I am still healing. That is why I have not got the call out again. :toofunny:

I will get on it soon.

Bret
i call that DSL. :yes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bret said:
So I am goofing around with this new Buck Gardner call. I blow it for a while get it all loaded and gooped up with nasty spit when I notice the ice cube trays need filled. So I filled them up and threw in the BG call with the ice trays and forgot about it. Oh a couple hours or so later I am fixing a drink and remember the BG call in the freezer. I pull it out, and the thing looks like a frosted beer mug. I thought no way this thing would blow .........I put it to my mouth quack quack. Unbelievable. I am going to repeat the test tonight I was surprised to say the least. Few calls pass that test for sure.

Bret
back when I blew a big guys wooden call I had to put it in the freezer to get it apart once.. I never did try to blow it because I was too happy that I finally, after 10 days of trying, got it apart.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I tried the freezer test with my BG tall timber spit tech. It passed. I ran water through it in the sink and started blowing it and it never stuck one time. Heck I think it sounds a little better once you get it wet. Then I stuck it in the freezer for about 30 minutes, got it out, and it blew just fine without sticking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.