Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah he is still young probably for his first gun and I was totally against it until today. That's all he has talked about since the first day I took him hunting he wants his own gun. So I went against all my beliefs and went to Wal-Mart at 5 o'clock today and bought him one. His first Daisy Buck 400ct with fiber optic True Glow from sight. They have come a long way since my first one. Anyway he got to put it in daddy's big boy gun cabinet with the real guns so he thinks he is 15 now, but know he cant get it unless im with him at all times.

[siteimg]244[/siteimg]

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Wow, is that a red rider?

If so, did ya let him watch Christmas Story yet? He should find it funny. I love it. It reminds me of me childhood in the quest of a BB gun.

Rob

·
Registered
380 Posts
SC,

Sorry to say this but, Ease up on the thought of your Son only Being 5 and having his own Gun!

You Did the RIGHT THING buy buying that for him for his Birthday! WAY TO GO POP! :thumbsup:

I was 5 when my Dad put his little .22 pistol in my hand and showed me how to shoot tin cans with it. Something that will Stick in my Memories till the day I die! I have that .22 now, he handed it to me 6 months before he died and told me to take care of it and teach my Daughter with it.

I was 6, Christmas Day, Had not asked for a BB gun, but there under the Tree all Wrapped up was a Daisey BB gun waiting for me to open. Sure wish I Still had that BB gun.

11 found a .410 under the Tree to get ready for the next year to hunt with, 14 found a Flintlock Pistol and 16 found a Single Shot 12 gauge under the Christmas Tree.

Not telling you how to Raise your son, PLEASE Understand that, but get him out now and teach him the respect for them Firearms so he doesn't go the way some Youth do! :thumbsup:

Take him to a Range, set behind him, have a Brick of .22 Shells and teach him to shoot.
My daughter is 11, I started her out shooting at 6, a year later then I started. She likes the .22 but not the Big Banging Guns.
She LOVES Archery and wants to hunt that way!

Get Em Started While they is youngins! :salude:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
SC: Woody's right. I, too, would not dare to tell you how to raise your boy. But I do applaud your decision. As an educator, I've seen what happens when kids are given the wrong impression about guns; most often these are inner - city kids who know only that guns are the tools of crimminals. One of my nicest students said that gun owners are "mean"! Sad to hear something like that. You've done your boy a favor. & -That 's the best photo I've seen posted on this site. May God bless youns (W. Pa version of y'all).

·
Registered
70 Posts
great job.....you now have a great tool at your disposal....

he needs ammunition...and good behavior is rewarded with ammunition....

my 4 year old loves his/my diasey and will do back flips for the chance to get BB's and the chance to go shoot.....it gets locked up with a trigger lock and locked inside the gun cabinet with the rest of the "shooters" as he calls them....

teach him well.....

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
SC, I go hunting with a buddy of mine that takes his boy with us when he has him. His boy is 8 years old and he has his bb gun with him at all times. His boy can not wait to hunt. He has his camo and has the desire his dad gave him to hunt. And his boy is great with a goose call...that is his job when he is with us...he is good...not kidding. I see nothing wrong with this at all. I will call this the "truth from the youth". We had five mallard fly into our set up and both of us missed. The Next thing I hear is an 8 y/o voice say..."You guys stink." Well he was right...classic.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Snafu518 said:
His boy is 8 years old and he has his bb gun with him at all times. .
You might want to check the Regulations here in PA. I don't think it is legal for him to be carrying that BB Gun with you guys when he goes along.

Better to Call the Main Office of the PGC in Harrisburg and go to the Top of the Law Enforcement Department and get the Answer then to find out later it is Illegal and end up paying a Fine!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
98ramtough said:
SC way to go. I can't wait to have a kid to get them bb guns. Get his finger off the trigger though!

:toofunny:
I have been waiting to see who was the first one to say that :mrgreen: I noticed when I put the pic on the comp. He has learned that but just have not had enough reminds and as you can tell by his :mrgreen: grin he was not thinking of nothing else but to show it off for the camera. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Woody...
I never thought about cuz he is not my kid. But I will bring it up to my buddy. It seemed innocent enough to me, so I never said anything about it. He does not shoot at game with it. That, I would have a problem with and speak my mind right there. Now I have to wonder, as I think about this. Good point.

·
Registered
452 Posts
just look at that kids face! makes me happy just lookin at it. :thumbsup:

had

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
sc,

great pic man! that's such an exciting time for him and you. i know i still can remember those days with my dad. i have a 6 year old little girl who has a daisy buck. she loves it and is learning all of the rules of responsible gun ownership with it. she is dying to take it squirrel hunting this year. i understand your apprehension, but you, as the father of that boy, know when the time is right just by the way he behaves. you have done a good thing, but you don't need me to tell you that...

congrats to the both of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.