Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a job in the black hills. I was just wondering if there are any waterfowl stores in that area. Also wondering where a good place to fish is. I leave tomorrow morning, so my little brother will call me with any information.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
The Black hills area is not noted for as a waterfowling area and thus I doubt any waterfowl stores in the area. Maybe there is a Scheels Sporting Goods stores in the area. Kinda of like a smaller Cabelas type of store. The area is more of a trout fishing and Big Game area + turkeys. There should be some good fishing stores there though as their trout fishing is fairly good there.

I suggest asking around locally to see what you find.

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
ks_waterfowler said:
I took a job in the black hills. I was just wondering if there are any waterfowl stores in that area. Also wondering where a good place to fish is. I leave tomorrow morning, so my little brother will call me with any information.

Thanks,
Matt
You are a lucky man, ks. I would be in SD in a New York minute if I could talk my wife into it. I prefer the Aberdeen area, but it's all cool! It's a trade off between trout fishing on the western side of SD and Ducks on the eastern. I like both! :beer:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
There is a Cabela's in Rapid City and Mitchell. There are probably 100 small mom'n'pop stores in Rapid too, just have to find 'em.
There is a Scheels (spelling?) in Sioux Falls, if you ever make it down that way.

By your picture, I take it you are a fire fighter? One of my best friend's little brother is a fire fighter out in Rapid.

GJ,

:nana: :nana: :nana:

I live just where you said you would.

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
go get the bird said:
There is a Cabela's in Rapid City and Mitchell. There are probably 100 small mom'n'pop stores in Rapid too, just have to find 'em.
There is a Scheels (spelling?) in Sioux Falls, if you ever make it down that way.

By your picture, I take it you are a fire fighter? One of my best friend's little brother is a fire fighter out in Rapid.

GJ,

:nana: :nana: :nana:

I live just where you said you would.
Yep, I envy you ggtb! I used to go to Realtor.com and just dream about the properties around that area. My wife is just not much on cold weather, so here I am in CA. Lots of good sporting opportunities in No CA, but I just like more rural, more real areas!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
GJ and GGTB- I lived in Sturgis for 3 years and SD is great. I was going to respond on a great area on the west river side but did you see the date of the post? It looks to be in 2004?

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
AKPirate said:
GJ and GGTB- I lived in Sturgis for 3 years and SD is great. I was going to respond on a great area on the west river side but did you see the date of the post? It looks to be in 2004?
:lol3: Punctuality was never my strong point! :lol3: Here I thought I just dozed off for a minute!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
AKPirate said:
Nope. I sure didnt. :lol:

·
Banned
11,694 Posts
Watertown, South Dakota has world-class Northern Pike fishing at Lake Kampeska. Google that.
There are lots of ducks in that area.
Not real close to black hills but it's a start.

Crap, we're responding to a 9-yr-old post?

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
aunt betty said:
Watertown, South Dakota has world-class Northern Pike fishing at Lake Kampeska. Google that.
There are lots of ducks in that area.
Not real close to black hills but it's a start.

Crap, we're responding to a 9-yr-old post?
Yep, Watertown, Mitchell up though Aberdeen always was my retirement thought. Unfortunately, my wife's thought wasn't the same. :lol3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts